Saturday, February 07, 2009

Introduction to Sun Miner

Sun Miner was created in 2005 because I was looking for an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of the world by using my 35+ years of professional engineering experience. I wanted to use this experience to accelerate the substantial use of solar energy in Arizona.

My approach was not ideal. I did not have time or money to do all that I wanted to do. I had, and still have, family and financial responsibilities that take precedence over my solar quest. I also realized solar was becoming more competitive as the business world began to realize that coal and oil are dirty and will not last forever. This meant more entrepreneurs having similar solar goals to mine combined with better entrepreneurial pedigrees.

In spite of these obstacles, I proceeded with several part-time activites to see if I could get back in the solar game on my terms. Some of those activities can be seen elsewhere on this blog. The first few pages of an Arizona Solar Energy Improvement District describe the type of solar project I want most to be involved with.

It’s easy to kibitz solar energy development, but very difficult to make a meaningful contribution. When I tell people what I’m doing, the first response I usually get is ‘I know a better way’. What I’m looking for instead is, ‘Well, that sounds like what I’d like to do. Let’s work together.’ I know there’s a fit of my renewables background and other engineering capabilities with like minded entrepreneurs. I’m looking forward to finding that fit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please contact me. I have an interesting proposal for a solar project in Mohave County, AZ. I can be reached at dsbradley@frontiernet.net. Thanks, Doug Bradley

November 10, 2009 at 7:41:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who loves to seek hot stuff. Right now I am manufacturing my personal photovoltaic panels. I am doing it all alone without the help of my men. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I discovered a very brilliant website that explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps needed for building solar panels.

I am not really sure bout how accurate the info given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be grand and I'd highly value it, because I really take an interest in solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.

January 13, 2010 at 6:23:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 29, 2010 at 10:19:00 PM PST  
Blogger Joe McGuirk said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 12, 2016 at 2:14:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home